Rachel Martin, Director of Sales, Graduate Hotels, HSMAI Sales Rising Leader Council
It can be difficult to gain the support of senior leadership for initiatives, especially if you’re in a large organization or not in a management position. The HSMAI Sales Rising Leader Council met to share their thoughts on employee engagement and gaining buy-in.
Five Key Tactics:
- Transparency is key and goes both ways. Be upfront about your career goals with your manager. RLC members also appreciated tactics like CEO fireside chats and regular all hands meetings.
- Employee surveys are a great tool for leadership to get a pulse on how the employees are doing and offer leadership opportunities for work on cross functional committees.
- Take Initiative! If you see a gap, take on the extra work or submit an idea for a project to tackle it. It’s not just about your promotion or recognition, but advancing the company.
- Ask, if you have a question on where the company is going. Chances are you’re not the only one with the question and it shows your interest in helping the company reach it’s goals.
- Cultivate Authentic Confidence: What steps can you take to improve your confidence without coming across as disingenuous? These seven strategies can elevate you without feeling inauthentic.