Five-week blended learning series
This program helps hotel salespeople build stronger relationships by understanding their buyer’s new approach to purchasing. This new, relevant training program gives sellers the strategies and digital tools they need to find and close more sales today.
Sellers learn to create awareness and engage prospects earlier through social networks, help buyers make sense of the overwhelming amount of information available through clear and compelling digital communication, and ultimately turn customers into advocates.
What Past Participants Have Said
“With 25 years of sales experience, I was a good sales manager before this class. I followed the instructions specifically as they were presented, and used the samples as a guide when I was stuck. I am 100% confident, I am no longer a sales manager. I am an influencer! This class is truly priceless. It is a way of life, rather than a way to sell!”
“I think there is something in this class for every sales person at every point in their career. It would be great for a beginner or a person who has been in the industry for years. Gave me great insight and knowledge on tools I had not been made aware of previously (Sniply, Adobe Spark, etc). Also, the exercises of how to understand our buyers, be an influencer, be relevant were all useful and help me sharpen my skill set as a sales person!”
The course uses a blend of brief and targeted learning activities with a weekly facilitated workshop (via Zoom), segmented by topic area.
Specifically, the five-week course will cover these digital sales approaches:
- Identifying changing customer behaviors and the value of buyer persona development
- Creating awareness through social networks (primarily LinkedIn)
- Persuasive business writing through prospecting emails, shared content, social posts and lead nurturing
- Better digital communication through storytelling and video
- Building a better business case through engaging proposals
While of particular interest to any hotelier with sales-related responsibilities, it is primarily designed for:
- Property level sales managers, catering sales managers and DOSMs
- Regional or corporate sales professionals
- Both branded and independent sellers will learn new strategies and tools
The format of this course is also ideal for those who support sales or who simply want to gain some modern, practical digital selling skills such as:
- Marketers or eCommerce professionals
- Revenue Managers
- General Managers
- Sales managers for industry partners, CVBs, or event sellers
The course is delivered via a mix of 23 brief (15-20 minute) daily e-learning activities and five 45-minute facilitated workshop sessions delivered once a week for five consecutive weeks.
Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and interaction.
Participants are encouraged to turn on their web cams live sessions.
The registration fee includes web series attendance, participant manual, weekly workshops, and access to a robust resources library.
- August 10 – September 16 (workshops Monday noon eastern starting August 17): REGISTER
- September 14 – October 28 (workshops Monday noon eastern starting September 21): REGISTER
- November 2 – December 9 (workshops Monday noon eastern starting November 9): REGISTER
Registration Fee: $395 per person
This course will be presented by devoted HSMAI volunteer leader Holly Zoba, CHDM, Principal, Scout Simply.
Holly Zoba has 15 years of experience in hotel Sales and Marketing, with Hospitality Partners and the Aurora Foundation, both in property level and corporate roles, and is a past chair of the HSMAI Marketing Advisory Board She has also spent the last 10 years in hotel training and development as the SVP of Signature Worldwide and now as the architect of Influencer Sales Training. Recently she received a certification as a full stack web developer, MERN stack, and has contributed to the development of several web applications. Her company, Scout Simply, provides digital sales training through her Influencer Sales program as well as sales and marketing employee development through education, coaching, consulting and audits. Holly is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and has also authored multiple articles in industry publications.
Earn 6 hours of continuing education credits for the Certified Hospitality Digital Marketer (CHDM) or Certified Revenue Management Executive (CRME) by attending this program.
Interested in Learning More?
Sign up for updates to the Hotel Digital Sales Essentials Series and we’ll let you know about upcoming events in the series.