Instructor-Led Six-Week Virtual Course
The analytics tsunami has engulfed hotels across disciplines with no signs of stopping.
With the sophistication and adoption of analytics – from data mining, machine learning, and more – growing tremendously, hoteliers must evaluate their own analytical capabilities, and map out how analytics can make the biggest impact for you and your team.
With a mix of theory and practical exercises, this course will help you build a strong foundation of data and analytics best practices that you can use to make smarter business decisions and increase the effectiveness of collaboration across departments.
What Past Participants Have Said
Through relevant industry examples, case studies, and discussions, the instructors provided a valuable toolkit that can be implemented immediately.
I really enjoyed learning the essentials to round out my knowledge! I am able to put this knowledge to work right away and help my hotels achieve better results!
Conducted by senior industry leaders who have worn many hats, the course provides a holistic perspective considering all implications in the hospitality ecosystem. It offers a high-level overview and delves into the technicalities comprehensively.
Once a week of six consecutive weeks, you’ll attend a 60-minute instructor-led session online.
- Get your hands dirty with real data and real business problems
- Learn the fundamental skills of working with datasets.
- Deepen analytical skills and gain best practices for data access, cleaning and modeling
- Understand how to distill vast amounts of data into actionable insights for your audience.
- Learn the fundamentals of statistics, predictive analytics and forecasting to make your analyses more forward looking and proactive
- Be better prepared to identify valuable and actionable data points, leverage effective data visualization techniques, and communicate your data story in an interesting way.
- Learn the differences among advanced analytic techniques, like optimization, machine learning and AI, and be able to identify the right problems to solve with these advanced techniques
- Understand how to match your problem to the right analytical technique
- Walk away with a data analytics tool kit and game plan to implement at your hotel
This course is for you if:
- You are a hotelier or industry partner responsible for producing and/or communicating analysis and need to learn (or brush up on) fundamentals and best practices around data access, data cleanliness, data modeling and data visualization.
- You work closely with, and are impacted by, data and analytics in your organization, and you want to “go under the hood” to see how it all comes together. You might be a revenue manager, general manager, director of sales, director of marketing, asset manager, or distribution professional!
- You are prepared for a little “hands on keyboard” work during this course to puts the concepts you learn into action.
Six 60-minute sessions once a week for six consecutive weeks
100% online, instructor-led
Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and interaction.
Participants are encouraged to turn on their web cams during the course.
Coming Soon! Please check back for registration information in September-October 2022.
Dr. Kelly McGuire is Managing Principal for Hospitality for ZS, a professional services firm specializing in analytical solutions for commercial functions, supporting both strategy and operations. Prior to joining ZS, she served as Senior Vice President, Revenue Management for MGM Resorts International, and as Vice President Advanced Analytics at Wyndham Destination Network. She holds a Masters and a PhD from the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. She is the author of The Analytic Hospitality Executive: Implementing Data Analytics in Hotels and Casinos and Hotel Pricing in a Social World: Driving Value in the Digital Economy.
Emma Scher is the Senior Manager of Technical Analytics at Aristocrat Technologies leading a team of developers to drive improved access to and understanding of the data from the gaming industry. Prior to joining Aristocrat, she served as the Manager of Revenue Strategy for MGM Resorts International developing analyses and dashboards to allow properties to be better optimized. Emma holds a Bachelors in Science from Cornell University where she studied Hotel Administration with a focus on analytics and computer science.
Earn 6 hours of continuing education credits for the Certified Hospitality Digital Marketer (CHDM) or Certified Revenue Management Executive (CRME) by attending this program.
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. We leverage our deep industry expertise, leading-edge analytics, technology and strategy to create solutions that work in the real world. With more than 35 years of experience and 7,000-plus ZSers in more than 25 offices worldwide, we are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive. To learn more, visit www.zs.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Interested in Learning More?
Sign up for updates to the Hotel Data Analytics Essentials Series and we’ll let you know about upcoming events in the series.