Complementing the work of HSMAI’s chapters, HSMAI’s expert communities connect members with common interests across geographic boundaries in the America’s region. Each expert community is led by an advisory board or council which guides HSMAI’s strategic direction as it relates to their dedicated subject matter, resulting in face-to-face and virtual education, special resources, insights, and more that are specific to their particular area of expertise.
If you are interested in joining one of these advisory boards or councils, watch for the call for applications that is released to all HSMAI members in August of each year. All HSMAI members, with the exception of student members, are eligible to serve.
Contact information for advisory board members is available through the HSMAI membership directory (members only).
The Sales Advisory Board is demonstrating the value and relevance of the sales function by focusing on its four key priorities, and advocates that all sales leaders make these priorities their own:
- Reduce industry wide cost of sales/customer acquisition to improve profitability, and fight commoditization of hospitality services in the purchaser’s mind so that hoteliers are not just selling on price.
- Promote innovative recruiting and talent development practices, including career-pathing and leadership development for hospitality salespeople.
- Enhance sales force business acumen in order to increase productivity and improve the buying-selling process; improve sales forecasting and pipeline management methodologies; and, encourage the use of technologies that assist these efforts.
- Develop efficient sales practices for hotels, including aligning sales with operations, revenue management, and ecommerce, while reducing costs. This includes implementing effective performance measures (e.g., conversion, speed, filling need periods, profitability, etc.) and simplified reward systems that keep salespeople focused on the goals of the overall enterprise.
- Jamieson Asselta, Area Manager, Americas, IDeaS Revenue Solutions
- D.C. Becker, Principal, Titan Group of New York, LLC
- Bart Berkey, Director, Global Luxury Sales, Marriott International Luxury Brands
- Alain Boutros, Strategy Insights & Planning Manager, ZS
- Katie Davin, CHSE, Associate Professor, Johnson & Wales University-Providence
- Christi Davis, VP, Sales, Loews Hotels & Co
- LaDonna Gerhart, EVP of Sales & Marketing, Remington Hotels
- Cory Hagopian, Vice President, Sales Effectiveness & Programs, Accor
- Kaaren Hamilton, CMP, VP, Global Sales, RLH Corporation
- Allison Handy, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Prism Hotels & Resorts
- Jonathan Kaplan, VP, Global Sales Strategy, IHG
- SiuYin Ko, Corporate Director of Global Sales, Rosewood Hotel Group
- Melissa Kouvelas, Director, Worldwide Sales, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Eric Kreins, Managing Director, Strategic Accounts, Hilton Worldwide Sales
- Gissell Moronta, CMP, RVP of Sales and Marketing, Atrium Hospitality
- Ginny Morrison, CHA, Vp of Sales & Marketing, Spire Hospitality
- Ed Skapinok, Chair, HSMAI Sales Advisory Board
- Ronald Taylor, Jr.
HSMAI’s Marketing Advisory Board
- CHAIR: Dan Wacksman, CHDM, SVP, Marketing and Distribution, Outrigger Hotels & Resorts
- Anil Aggarwal, CEO, Milestone
- Dustin Bomar, Head of Industry, Travel, Google
- Tiffany Braun, CHSP, Chief Strategy Officer, Kinship
- Katie Briscoe, EVP, Client Services, MMGY Global
- Aimee Cheek, CHDM, Director of eCommerce, OTO Development
- Robert Cole, Founder-CEO, RockCheetah
- Jessica Davidson, CHDM, Vice President, Digital Content + Creative, Wyndham Hotel Group
- James Hansen, CHA, CHDM, Director, Marketing, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Benjamin Hoeb, CHDM, Corporate eCommerce Manager, PCH Hotels & Resorts
- Theodore Holloway, CHDM, Director of eCommerce, Remington Hotels
- Carolyn Hosna, CHDM, Sr. Corp. Director, Marketing & Distribution, White Lodging
- Ryan Hudgins, Director, Performance Marketing, IHG
- Michael Innocentin, Vice President, E-Commerce & Digital NCA Region, AccorHotels
- John Jimenez, CHDM, Director of E-commerce, Noble Investment Group
- Meghan Keough, CRME, Senior Director, Hotel Strategic Accounts, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions
- Sarita Mallinger, Regional Director, Digital Marketing, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Delana Meyer, CHDM, Vice President Digital Strategy, Crescent Hotels & Resorts
- Amy Mierzwinski, CHDM, Director, Horwath HTL
- Natalie Osborn, Director, Marketing, SAS Institute, Inc.
- Olga Peddie, SVP, Client Strategy & Success, Cendyn
- Mandy Penn, VP, Marketing, Universal Orlando Resort
- Lisa Ross, President, rbb Communications
- Mariana Safer, CHDM, SVP, Client Success, HEBS Digital
- Jeff Spaccio, VP, Sales and Strategic Partnerships, Tambourine
- Paolo Torchio, CHDM, VP Digital & E-commerce, Two Roads Hospitality
- Misty Wise, CRME, CHDM, Corporate Director, eCommerce Strategies, Atrium Hospitality
- Michael Wylie, Head of eCommerce, Interstate Hotels
- James Zito, Chief Commercial & Revenue Officer, Club Quarters Hotels
- Holly Zoba, CHDM, VP, Technology Resources, Hospitality Digital Marketing
The Revenue Optimization Advisory Board is advancing the revenue optimization discipline by providing leading education, a best practices exchange, thought leadership and networking for revenue professionals, other sales and marketing professionals, and senior management in the hospitality industry. Members include:
- CHAIR: Tim Wiersma, Vice President, Revenue Management, Red Roof Inns, Inc.
- VICE CHAIR: Nicole Young, CRME, Sr. Corporate Director Global Revenue Management, Rosewood Hotel Group
- Julie Abou Nohra, Regional Vice President of Revenue Management, The Americas, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Dr. Chris K. Anderson, Professor, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- Veronica Andrews, CRME, Director, Digital Data Solutions, STR
- Vivek Bhogaraju, Director, Revenue Management Solutions, Expedia Group
- Christopher Biondo, Corporate Director of Distribution & Product Development, Standard International
- Denise Broussard, CHDM, Regional Vice President – Central, TravelClick, an Amadeus company
- Dana Cariss, VP, Revenue Strategy + Distribution, CoralTree Hospitality
- Tammy Farley, Co-Founder, Rainmaker, a Cendyn Company
- Monte Gardiner, Managing Director, Revenue Management Services, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Eric Gravelle, CRME, Vice President of Revenue Management, North America, Diamond Resorts International
- Linda Gulrajani, CRME, Vice President, Revenue Strategy & Distribution, Marcus Hotels
- Renee Haddad, CRME, Director, Revenue Account Management, Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Adam Hayashi, CRME, Vice President of Revenue Management, Accor
- Brian Hicks, Vice President, Global Revenue Strategy, IHG
- Jennifer Hill, CRME, VP, Business Development, Kalibri Labs
- Erich Jankowski, VP Revenue Management & Commercial Strategy, Host Hotels & Resorts
- Michael Klein, Executive Director, Revenue Performance Strategy, MGM Resorts International
- Michael Maher, CRME, CHDM, Director of Strategic Accounts, IDeaS Revenue Solutions
- Chris Nixon, CRME, CHDM, VP Revenue Optimization , Ashford Inc.
- Dr. Breffni Noone, Associate Professor, Penn State University
- Heather Richer, Chief Marketing Officer, RedAwning
- Corey Stanley, CRME, CHDM, Corporate Director of Revenue Management, Seneca Gaming Corporation
- David Warman, Senior Vice President Experience and Enablement Marketing, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- Hunter Webster, CHDM, SVP, Revenue Strategy, Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- Monica Xuereb, Chief Revenue Officer, Loews Hotels & Co.