November 5-6, 2019
Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club ♦ Frisco, Texas
New in 2019, the HSMAI Sales Leader Forum is a unique event that advances the hotel sales discipline by elevating the knowledge and skills of off-property sales leaders when it comes to important trends, critical insights, and best practices…and what it means for leading hotel sales teams in today’s landscape.
The Forum is organized by HSMAI’s Sales Advisory Board.
Who should attend?
- Off-property seasoned sellers who want to fuel, update, and/or reinvigorate their career in sales or sales leadership
- Sales professionals from Brands, Management Companies, and Independent hotels and resorts who are leading teams and impacting front-line sellers – from corporate leaders who support on-property teams to regional DOS who oversee multiple properties
- Examples of attendee titles include Group & BT:
- national sales director
- strategic account director
- key account director
- area director
- regional director of sales
Detailed information on each session, including speaker information, is updated regularly. Check back often for the latest details.
- The agenda will include strategic conversations, tactical solutions sessions – all designed to build business acumen to elevate sales as a whole.
- Cindy Novotny: An icon in the hospitality industry, Cindy is the original founder of Master Connections Associates and is an internationally renowned leader in sales, leadership, and customer service. Cindy will emcee the day, and deliver a compelling and powerful keynote.
- Scott Edinger: Executive Advisor, Consultant, and Author of “The Hidden Leader: Discover and Develop Greatness Within Your Company,” will close the day with a thought-provoking and inspiring talk.
Topics on Tap
- Using Data to Drive Decisions around Talent, Deployment, Resources, and More
- Improving Interactions with Asset Managers
- Leading a Sales Culture
- The Role of Data Analytics in Hotel Sales
- Coaching a Team for Strategic Selling
- Retention Strategies for Sales Professionals that Work
- Intermediaries: Should they be managed like a key account?
- Social Selling
- Making Your Sales Team High Tech
- Selling Up and Around: Proving the Value of Sales
- Building Business Acumen
- Everybody Sells, Everybody is a Seller: Driving a Sales Culture Throughout the Organization
Events In Conjunction With the Forum
- HSMAI’s Chief Sales Officer Executive Roundtable will be on Tuesday, November 5 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (by invitation)
- HSMAI’s Hotel Management Company Sales & Marketing Executive Roundtable will be on Tuesday, November 5 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (by invitation)
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
7:00 pm ♦ Awards Dinner & Networking Reception
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
8:00 am ♦ Networking Breakfast
8:30 am ♦ Keynote: Sales Imperatives for Today’s World
Our business has changed…and it is EXCITING! It is vastly more complex, sophisticated, and nuanced – which provides more opportunities for sales leaders to learn and grow, and demonstrate their value.
Acclaimed hotel sales guru Cindy Novotny will prepare you to embrace the change and the opportunities it brings, and arm you to secure the value proposition for sales leadership in the future.
- with Cindy Novotny, Radical Mentor, and internationally known leader in sales, leadership, and customer service
9:15 am ♦ A View from the Top: The Chief Sales Officer Panel
This panel of leading hotel chief sales officers will bring their diverse perspectives to bear on current events in the hotel sales landscape, what the future holds for selling hotels today and in the future, and other important issues affecting the industry today. It is a candid conversation with actionable insights that you’ll only hear at HSMAI – the industry’s only organization committed to fueling sales, inspiring marketing, and optimizing revenue for hotels and their partners.
- Asad Ahmed, SVP Hyatt Sales Force, Hyatt
- Meenaz Diamond, SVP Global Sales, North & Central America, AccorHotels
- Daniel Surette, SVP of Sales and Marketing, Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Moderated by Cindy Novotny
10:00 am ♦ Break
10:30 am ♦ Opportunities & Threats: Strategic Issues for the Short- & Long-Term
- The Convergence of Sales with Marketing, Revenue Optimization, Distribution, and Operations…with Holly Zoba, CHDM, sales trainer, full stack web developer, seasoned hospitality professional, and immediate past chair of HSMAI’s Marketing Advisory Board
- Strategic Recruitment & Talent Management…with renowned thought leader TBA
- Data & Analytics for Sales Leaders…with Dr. Kelly McGuire, Author and Analytics Evangelist, Max Revenue Consulting
12:15 pm ♦ Lunch
1:00 pm ♦ Deep Dive Breakouts on Strategic Issue #1
- Selling Track
- Leading Track
1:40 pm ♦ Deep Dive Breakouts on Strategic Issue #2
- Selling Track
- Leading Track
2:15 pm ♦ Break
2:30 pm ♦ Deep Dive Breakouts on Strategic Issue #3
- Selling Track
- Leading Track
3:10 pm ♦ Headlines and Headwinds for 2020: Legal Issues for Sales Leaders’ Radars
Legal issues that sales professionals need to be aware of in the travel landscape change daily. Steven Rudner, Founder and Managing Partner of Rudner Law Offices, and one of the top legal minds in the hospitality industry, will share his list of the most pressing and controversial issues he sees from his point of view. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask him specific questions about the topics of interest to them.
- with Steven Rudner, Founder and Managing Partner, Rudner Law Offices
3:50 pm ♦ Closing Keynote with Scott Edinger
4:30 pm ♦ Go Forth & Conquer!
Early-Registration (through October 2, 2019)
- Hotel/Associate* Member = $895 (the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Hotel/Associate Non-member = $995 (the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Partner/Supplier** Member = $1095
- Partner/Supplier Non-Member = $1195
Regular Registration (after October 2, 2019)
- Hotel/Associate* Member = $995 (the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Hotel/Associate Non-member = $1095 (the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Partner/Supplier** Member = $1195
- Partner/supplier Non-Member = $1295
* Individuals who are directly employed by hotel brands, management companies, ownership groups, independent hotels and resorts, DMO’s, restaurants and attractions.
** Individuals from direct supplier organizations who market to hotel/associate professionals.