November 5-6, 2019
Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club ♦ Frisco, Texas
New in 2019, the HSMAI Sales Leader Forum is a unique event that advances the hotel sales discipline by elevating the knowledge and skills of off-property sales leaders when it comes to important trends, critical insights, and best practices…and what it means for leading hotel sales teams in today’s landscape.
The Forum is organized by HSMAI’s Sales Advisory Board.
Who should attend?
- Off-property seasoned sellers who want to fuel, update, and/or reinvigorate their career in sales or sales leadership
- Sales professionals from Brands, Management Companies, and Independent hotels and resorts who are leading teams and impacting front-line sellers – from corporate leaders who support on-property teams to regional DOS who oversee multiple properties
- Examples of attendee titles include Group & BT:
- national sales director
- strategic account director
- key account director
- area director
- regional director of sales
Detailed information on each session, including speaker information, is updated regularly. Check back often for the latest details.
- The agenda will include strategic conversations, tactical solutions sessions – all designed to build business acumen to elevate sales as a whole.
- Cindy Novotny: An icon in the hospitality industry, Cindy is the original founder of Master Connections Associates and is an internationally renowned leader in sales, leadership, and customer service. Cindy will emcee the day, and deliver a compelling and powerful keynote.
- Scott Edinger: Executive Advisor, Consultant, and Author of “The Hidden Leader: Discover and Develop Greatness Within Your Company,” will close the day with a thought-provoking and inspiring talk.
Topics on Tap
- Using Data to Drive Decisions around Talent, Deployment, Resources, and More
- Improving Interactions with Asset Managers
- Leading a Sales Culture
- The Role of Data Analytics in Hotel Sales
- Coaching a Team for Strategic Selling
- Retention Strategies for Sales Professionals that Work
- Intermediaries: Should they be managed like a key account?
- Social Selling
- Making Your Sales Team High Tech
- Selling Up and Around: Proving the Value of Sales
- Building Business Acumen
- Everybody Sells, Everybody is a Seller: Driving a Sales Culture Throughout the Organization
Events In Conjunction With the Forum
- HSMAI’s Chief Sales Officer Executive Roundtable will be on Tuesday, November 5 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (by invitation)
- HSMAI’s Hotel Management Company Sales & Marketing Executive Roundtable will be on Tuesday, November 5 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (by invitation)
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
7:00 pm ♦ Awards Dinner & Networking Reception
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
8:00 am ♦ Networking Breakfast
8:30 am ♦ Opening Keynote with Cindy Novotny
9:15 am ♦ Deep Dive: CSO Panel
10:00 am ♦ Break
10:30 am ♦ Shark Tank Special Edition: The Future of The Sales Organization
11:15 am ♦ Strategic Focus: Big Issues in Little Bites
12:15 pm ♦ Lunch
1:00 pm ♦ Coaching Solutions: More Big Issues in Little Bites
2:00 pm ♦ Break
3:15 pm ♦ Deep Dive Breakouts on Burning Issues
- Selling Track
- Leading Track
4:00 pm ♦ Closing Keynote with Scott Edinger
4:30 pm ♦ Wrap up
Early-Registration (through October 2, 2019)
- Hotel/Associate* Member = $895 (the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Hotel/Associate Non-member = $995 (the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Partner/Supplier** Member = $1095
- Partner/Supplier Non-Member = $1195
Regular Registration (after October 2, 2019)
- Hotel/Associate* Member = $995(the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Hotel/Associate Non-member = $1095(the 2nd registration from the same company saves $300)
- Partner/Supplier** Member = $1195
- Partner/supplier Non-Member = $1295
* Individuals who are directly employed by hotel brands, management companies, ownership groups, independent hotels and resorts, DMO’s, restaurants and attractions.
** Individuals from direct supplier organizations who market to hotel/associate professionals.