Danielle Wurtzell, Regional Director of Revenue Strategy, Remington Hotels, HSMAI Rising Revenue Optimization Leader Council Member
As corporate travel rebounds, and costs continue to increase for both hotels and clients, how can we capture the returning demand without sacrificing ADR we’ve worked so hard to rebuild? The HSMAI Revenue Optimization Rising Leader Council talked about this relevant topic recently. This is what we are seeing as trends in the RFP negotiations and how we are preserving relationships while not backing down from higher rates.
RFP Trends We are Seeing from Clients
- Return of amenities, are your services intact?
- Request for flexible cancellation policies.
- Guaranteed rates.
How We are Negotiating to Hold Onto ADR
- Being transparent in price increases.
- Leveraging food and beverage offerings.
- Using loyalty programs as a bargaining tool.
- Dynamic rather than static pricing.
- Adjusting occupancy rate goals to optimize labor costs.
- Leveraging backyard accounts.