By Kaitlin Dunn, Writer, Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI)
How to differentiate vs. the competition and keeping up with technology are among the biggest concerns facing marketing professionals today. HSMAI asked registrants for the upcoming Marketing Strategy Conference for their opinions ahead of the event. Below are the results, including additional comments from respondents:
- “Really all listed are pretty equally concerning.”
- “I would say it’s a mix between ‘Keeping up with technology’ and ‘Costs.’ But it goes further than that. In real time, hoteliers need to understand all the technology products available in the market and then they need guidance on how best to invest in those technologies to meet their unique primary objectives and thus maximize their potential return on investment.”
- “I think it’s the cost of keeping up with technology, but also differentiating our products. I live in the independent hotel world. I don’t have the brand support or dollars to keep changing programs or installing new ones. We continue to define what makes us different and capitalize on that.
- “I see growth slowing a bit, but I don’t have major concerns. The industry isn’t known to have a lot of thought leaders, which is what leads industries.”
- “Election, national/worldwide economic indicators, even the hint of the word recession, and we will see a slowdown.”
- Another respondent said they were very optimistic because of “continued positivity in the economy and a smaller chance of recession in 2020.”