Megan Allen, Marketing Manager, Evolution Hospitality, HSMAI Marketing Rising Leader Council Member
As hoteliers work to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of technology, they are turning to new and innovative ways to engage with their consumers and guests. One such way is to use phygital interaction. The HSMAI Marketing Rising Leaders Council recently met to discuss all things phygital.
What is Phygital?
Phygital is defined as a hybrid of physical and digital interactions. This can be seen in anything from using QR codes for loyalty programs at the front desk to implementing Zingle – a cell phone communication tool, to iPads in every room.
Five Ways to Use Phygital
So, how can hoteliers use phygital interaction to their advantage? Here are five ways:
- Virtual tours. By providing a virtual walk through of your hotel, guests can get a feel for the property without needing to visit. This is especially useful for groups and events that require customization.
- Virtual check-in kiosks. With virtual check-in kiosks, guests can check in to their room without having to go through the traditional check-in process. This is a great way to save time for your staff and enhance the guest experience for those seeking phygital interaction.
- iPads in every room. By providing iPads in every room, guests have a convenient way to access hotel information and services, such as room service, WiFi code, the TV, and more.
- QR code. Use a QR code so guests can easily access information about hotel amenities or view the on-property restaurant menu from the convenience of their phone.
- Target marketing ads via geolocation. Leverage the power of technology to target guests based on their physical location or send them a push notification via mobile app to offer them a discount the next time they’re in the area.
Ultimately, phygital interaction is a powerful tool that hotels can use to engage with consumers and guests to create a more immersive and interactive experience.