EproDirect conducted an online survey of meeting planners to better understand the sources they typically use for research, their communication preferences and their booking patterns. Among the report findings:
- The most preferred method of receiving hotel information, updates or special offers is through email marketing communications (90.2%).
- The hotel website is the primary source of information planners use to learn about meeting facilities. They are primarily using their desktop or laptop (97%) to access hotel websites, but many are also using their smartphone mobile devices.
- Meeting planners continue to find a great deal of value in FAM tours, meeting facility guides and new hotel openings.
- 66% of planners like to be engaged on LinkedIn, although surprisingly only 3% prefer to be contacted (solicited) through LinkedIn.
- 78% find value in using a CVB for RFP distribution and destination assistance.